- This event has passed.
8th Annual Cville Pride Festival
September 14 @ 11:00 - 19:00 UTC-4
8th Annual Cville Pride Festival. Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Stonewall at this one-of-a-kind festival of inclusion, equality, justice, love.
More information: http://cvillepride.org/
WHY GO TO CVILLE PRIDE?
It’s a unique Pride festival in so many ways. Hear from a few of the community members who have been with us: a sponsor, a church, an organization.
Cville Pride’s Mission:
To create a vibrant, visible, and inclusive LGBTQ community presence in Charlottesville, Albemarle, and the surrounding region that promotes equality through events, education, outreach, and advocacy.
Our goals include to:
- Provide a clear, coherent entry point for persons new to the area or new to the community (just coming out) who need services, support, community
- Connect the groups and sub-communities that often aren’t working in conjunction or aware of each other’s existence, for communication and support
- Give the Pride community visibility in the Charlottesville region, raising awareness of our presence and the politics at stake
- Inspire folks to end a tendency to self-repress
- Throw fabulous events that bring us all together