UK Equality Open 2021
November 20 @ 10:00 - 23:59 GMT| £16.76 - £27.54
The UK Equality Open brings Competitive Same-Sex and Equality Dancing to new areas around the UK.
We work with a new location each year, building social dance scenes leading up to the competition, encouraging new competitive couples in the starter categories and opening up Same Sex and Open Couple categories to a wider variety of participant groups.
We are holding our 2nd #UKEO in Manchester with a view to encourage and attract dancers particularly from the North, whilst also adding more opportunities to compete here in the UK for our existing couples as well as attract dancers from the European Equality Dance Circuit.
The UK Equality Open programme (may be subject to change) is as follows:
– Single Dance Category (Waltz) for Beginners only, having not competed in any competition before (excluding UK Fun Comp).
– All-Comers Ballroom Starters (Non-Graded – Waltz & Quickstep) This is also for couples who have not competed before, there is no classification round.
– Men’s, Women’s & Open Couples Ballroom (Graded A-D Class with classification rounds)
– Showdance Couples (performance time between 2mins 15 secs and 5mins 30 secs including entry and exit). Music must be provided to the DJ at registration.
– Single Dance Category (Cha Cha Cha) for Beginners only, having not competed in any competition before (excluding UK Fun Comp).
– All-Comers Latin American Starters (Non Graded – Cha Cha Cha & Jive). This is also for couples who have not competed before, there is no classification round.
– Men’s, Women’s & Open Couples Latin American (Graded A-D Class with classification rounds)
– Showdance Teams (minimum of 8 dancers per group, this can be formation or showdance, danced in one category. Performance time between 4mins and 7mins including entry and exit). Music must be provided to the DJ at registration.
– Wheelchair Dancesport Freestyle BEGINNERS (for both Same-Sex and Open, Duo/Combi Couples all in one category – performance time between 2min 15 secs and 5mins 30 secs).
– Wheelchair Dancesport Freestyle ADVANCED (for both Same-Sex and Open, Duo/Combi Couples all in one category – performance time between 2min 15 secs and 5mins 30 secs).
– Salsa – details of this category to be confirmed
Anyone can enter and we have designed the competition for multiple participation. Beginners can enter just one single dance competition in both ballroom and Latin or compete in the non-graded starter competition and dance just two dances. The starter category doesn’t require a classification round which eases the pressure for absolute beginners, BUT if they love the experience then they are more than welcome to stay in the floor and also classify themselves later in the programme for the A-D classes.
We also want to have a hugely competitive and successful OPEN category and are inviting all MM and FF couples to reclassify into this category as well, almost being a best of the best competition and encouraging integration with couples of all gender makeups. We all want to dance together and offer more opportunity to compete against the very best.
The competition will be run under UKEDC rules where applicable.
(you will be directed to the pages of the partner)
Notes on COVID-19
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, events may be postponed or canceled. Our entire team is working hard to keep the events here on proudout.com up to date.
Nevertheless, the events published here may have been postponed or canceled in the meantime. We ask for your understanding. If you want to be absolutely sure, check with the organizer (event website in the details) in advance.
Notes on events here on proudout.com
Proudout.com is not the organizer of the events. Furthermore, proudout.com isn’t responsible for the correctness of the content of the event announcement.
For questions about the events, please contact the organizer directly. To update the information about the event, please contact our event team using our contact form.