- This event has passed.
April 14 @ 19:00 - 20:30 EDT
An event every month that begins at 7:00pm on day Second of the month, repeating until 31. May 2021
Don’t know much about (LGBTQA+) history? Join Alex Warner (Ph.D. in History, Rutgers University) in an exploration of our history. Learn fun facts to share at Zoom parties, tidbits to delight your partner(s) in quarantine, and names & dates to impress the most discerning of Grindr/Tinder hotties! Through an interactive & engaging set of classes, “study” with your fellow Campers and learn about the LGBTQA+ community’s place in and contribution to history. This session is one of two general sessions focusing on the culture, events, and people from one of two historical periods in the United States: the colonial era through World War II (Part 1) and from World War II to the present (Part 2). Whether you catch just one or the entire series of Alex’s classes, you’ll gain a greater appreciation of our community’s legacy and your part in it.
• Monthly: 2nd Tuesday of each month – 7:00-8:30pm EST
• Session topics/focus vary by month. See calendar & descriptions for details.
• This general overview class happens in two parts: Part 1 (Colonial Era through WWII) will be offered in November & February and Part 2 (WWII through the present) will be offered in January & April.
• Attending both general sessions is encouraged, but Part 1 is not a pre-requisite for attending Part 2.
• December, March & May sessions will focus on more in-depth investigations of specialized topics. See each month’s listing for topics and more details.
• Bring: a pen & paper in case you want to make notes for further research.
Notes on COVID-19
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, events may be postponed or canceled. Our entire team is working hard to keep the events here on proudout.com up to date.
Nevertheless, the events published here may have been postponed or canceled in the meantime. We ask for your understanding. If you want to be absolutely sure, check with the organizer (event website in the details) in advance.
Notes on events here on proudout.com
Proudout.com is not the organizer of the events. Furthermore, proudout.com isn’t responsible for the correctness of the content of the event announcement.
For questions about the events, please contact the organizer directly. To update the information about the event, please contact our event team using our contact form.