Today morning you start your Murchison falls wildlife safari and Rhino trekking.On this safari, you will visit Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary in Nakasongola and trek the Rhinos. The Rhinos have been re-introduced to Uganda after years of being extinct due to poaching.Continue the tour to the rushing waters of the Nile being forced through a 7-meter narrow gorge forming the Murchison falls.
While in the park – gaze in wonder at the herds of giraffes on your game drive, families of Elephants while on the launch trip to the bottom of the falls, the Nile crocodiles basking in the sun, and Schools of Hippos.
Itinerary:Day 1: Murchison Falls Wildlife Safari via Ziwa Rhino SanctuaryToday, we leave early morning for the 3 days Murchison falls wildlife safari in Murchison Falls National Park. The journey is through several villages in Uganda’s countryside in Uganda with green beautiful vegetation and several roadside fruit and vegetable markets.Our first stopover will be at the Ziwa Rhino sanctuary for Rhino trekking. The trek can take anything from a few minutes to an hour depending on where the Rhinos are located within the sanctuary. You will receive a briefing from the ranger guide and start on your Rhino trek thereafter.After this experience, you will have lunch and then proceed to the national park where you arrive later that evening.Journey time – 5 hours
- Rhino tracking at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary.
- Game drives in Murchison falls national park.
- Boat cruise on River Nile
- Nature walk to the top of Murchison Falls.
Meal plan: Lunch & Dinner
Lodge: Paraa Safari LodgeDay 2: Game Drive and Boat Cruise on River NileToday early morning after your breakfast, the driver guide will pick you from the lodge and start your game drive exploring Murchison falls national park. The park has different tracks where you are able to drive and enjoy both the vegetation and the variety of animals.The highlight of this trip is game viewing in our custom made vehicles where you are able to capture your favorite moments in pictures of Giraffes as they move through the grasslands, buffaloes, Jacksons Hartebeast, Uganda Kobs, Lions, herds of Buffaloes, fishermen on Lake Albert, Waterbucks, etc. You will be looking for the remaining Big 4 having seen the Rhinos the previous day at the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. The game drive will go on until lunch after which you leave for the boat safari.In the afternoon take the famed boat Safari on River Nile from where you shall watch different animals along the shore and continue to about ten meters from the bottom of Murchison falls – also known as ‘Devils cauldron”. This 2 hour boat journey is a great way to spend the afternoon enjoying the victoria Nile and the several Hippos and Crocodiles.Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Lodge: Paraa Safari LodgeDay 3: Top of Murchison Falls – Transfer to Kampala/EntebbeWe drive to the top of Murchison falls the wide Nile is forced into a 7-meter gap to a thunderous roar – known as the most powerful falls. There is a resident beautiful rainbow formed making a contrast with the crashing water. After the experience, we proceed to Kampala/Entebbe.Meal plan: Breakfast & LunchTour price: $885 per person sharing a roomIncluded:
– All activities
– A professional driver/guide
– All transportation
– Roundtrip airport transfer
– Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
– Bottled water throughout the tripExcluded:
– International flights (from/to home)
– Visa fees
– Covid-19 testWHY BOOK TRIP WITH US?
– Rated Excellent on TripAdvisor
– Gorilla permits guaranteed
– Local Tour Operator based in Uganda & Rwanda
– Highly trained & experienced tour leaders/guides
– Safety is our #1 Priority – Over 10 years’ experience and over 1000 happy guests
– Affordable and unforgettable tours and excursions
– All our tours are available in budget & luxury versions
– Travelling in small groups (2-12 persons)
– Individual tailor-made safaris possible
– Drive around in the best 4WD Land Cruisers
– Professional English speaking Ugandan drivers and guides
– Group tours single friendly
This entry was last modified on 2021-08-30. If you would like to add additional information or inform us about changes or errors, please contact our team.
Address: Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, Central Region